Murrysville Parks & Reserves
2008 Digital Photo Contest
- Connect with Nature
- Share Your Photos With the Murrysville Community
Plants (trees, shrubs, flowers, ferns, algae, mosses)
People and animals (including birds, mammals, and all other animals)
Photos by young photographers (15 and under)
· Photos to be taken at a Murrysville park or Westmoreland Conservancy nature reserve. To learn about Murrysville parks, click on "Municipal Parks" at www.murrysville.com. To learn about Westmoreland Conservancy reserves, click on "Nature Reserves" at www.westmorelandconservancy.org.
· Limit of three (3) photo entries per contestant.
· Entries must be received by email by November 30, 2008.
· Digital images must be in jpeg format, not greater than 800 Kilobytes (KB) in size.
· Image manipulation shall be limited to cropping and minor color and contrast adjustments.
· Contestant must be the copyright owner of submitted entry.
· By submitting photographic work, contestant grants hosting organizations the right to royalty-free reproduction of entries for publicity, display, and fund-raising, including sale of items using the images. Every attempt will be made to credit the photographer where reasonably possible.
· Limit of one prize per contestant.
How to Enter. Contestant must email (1) digital image of entry (2) name (3) date of photo (4) subject of photo (5) contest category (6) park or nature reserve area where photo was taken (7) age if 15 or younger (8) address (9) email address and (10) phone number (optional) to
Prizes: Modest prizes will be awarded to winning contestants. A release form allowing display of the winning photo, as stipulated under Contest Requirements, is to be signed at time of prize redemption.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to all amateur photographers residing in Murrysville and neighboring communities.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: this address is for questions only - please submit all entries to email@example.com.)
• Friends of Murrysville Parks
• Murrysville Environmental Advisory Council
• Murrysville Parks & Recreation Commission
• Westmoreland Conservancy